Tuesday, April 5, 2011

HCG Diet

Before the reader goes any further I want it to be known that the following article is based upon my observations, and  experiences the past 26 years. I have not done any kind of scientific research to back my opinions. I find it amusing that something bodybuilders have been using for years to give their body's natural testoterone production a boost after a cycle of anabolic steroids is suddenly a weight loss miracle. HCG is clinically used to induce ovulation and treat ovarian disorders in women.  Being in the gym business for 26 years I have seen fads come and go. I couldn't tell you how many fad diets and supplements I have see over that period but I can tell you the HCG diet is a fad. The fact that a person on the HCG diet has to start taking in only 500 calories a day the first week or two is enough for me to raise an eyebrow, but being in the gym business I will usually keep an open mind. I have yet to see anyone on the HCG diet take off weight because they are taking HCG. There will be some initial body fat loss until the body thinks it is being starved, and then the lean body mass will start coming off. This is just an observation but the only people I have seen harden up on HCG are people I knew for a fact were on a proper nutrition plan and never did the 500 calorie a day part of the program. This leads me to believe it was their exercise and nutrition program and not the HCG. I think Cher put it best way back in the late 80's and early 90's when she coined the phrase, "If it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body". Does it not make sense if there was a miracle diet, nobody would be over weight? The best way to lose body fat and get the body you want is proper nutrition and a good exercise program. Don't be taken in by fad diets. I can help you with a good nutrition plan, you just have to put the exercise time in.

2 comments:

  1. I am not a doctor but I have seen too many women lose weight on the HCG diet and keep it off. I spoke with several women who said they would go into starvation mode with no change in weight until they tried the HCG diet. I even have a friend who's doctor put her on it and took her off 2 of her meds for diabetes. I also have another friend who is a doctor that has put some of her patients on it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to add that even though I believe the HCG diet is great, it is just a starting point. It really doesn't matter whether you way 100 lbs or 300 lbs, if you do not exercise and eat healthy. The only sure way to be healthy is to do what the doctors have always said.

    ReplyDelete